Sweet Hosts - Sunday August 19th, 2018
George & Odette Shaqareq
Nabil & Haifa Shaqareq
Yousef & Widad Zacharia
Yacoub & Jamilih Zacharia
Wednesday August 15th @ 7:00 pm: Evening Divine Liturgy for the feast of the Dormition.
Fr. Kamal will be out of town From Friday August 17th- Sunday August 19th . A substitute priest will serve the Divine Liturgy on Sunday August 19th.
Tuesday August 28th: Parish Council Meeting @6:30pm.
Sunday September 9th: 1st Day of Sunday School.
Ladies’ Luncheon ~ Sunday August 26th
Musakhan (Sumac chicken with sauteed onions and pine nuts on a Loaf of Pita Bread )
Menu: 1/2 Chicken (Musakhan), large bowl of Salad and Soft Drink.
Chairladies for this event are:
Ghada Batteh, Sanaa Awwad and Vicki Akel
Please come and support this Fundraiser Luncheon
Announcing Our Amazing
White Gold & Diamond Cross Pendant Raffle
White Gold Cross Pendant(18 K)
With 18” long Chain
Retail Value: $750.00
Ticket Price : $10.00
Drawing will be held on Sunday August 26th.
The Ladies Auxiliary will be selling tickets in the church hall every Sunday.
CHURCH ETIQUETTE & PROTOCOL
We all are aware that we should behave well in church, but many of us are not familiar with the customs, traditions or etiquette of the church.
We must always remember that attending church services is a solemn experience and our behavior should reflect that truth. When we attend church, we are here to worship, not to arrive late, talk to people or use our cell phones.
We must behave as Christ-like as humanly possible. We must set a good example for our children as positive Christian role models. If we behave respectfully and properly, they will be sure to follow.
Thank you for your cooperation in making St. George a proper church environment! Please read the following.
Additional Pious Customs
Crossing Oneself — It is always appropriate to cross oneself at the mention of the Holy Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; whenever entering or leaving the church; at the beginning of the Liturgy; when passing in front of the Altar; when venerating an icon, venerating the Gospel or the Cross; also for personal petitions.
It is not necessary to cross oneself when the priest is giving a blessing or censing the congregation. Instead, one should bow to receive the blessing.
Bowing — Orthodox Christians bow when the Theotokos and Christ are petitioned. They also bow to the priest at his blessing, and when he asks forgiveness before the Great Entrance and again before Holy Communion.
It is Traditional for the Orthodox faithful to bow and cross themselves when they enter and leave the church, and when they pray before the icons.
1. For the health and spiritual welfare of Hiyam Odeh, her children and grandchildren, offered by Hiyam Odeh.
2. For the health and spiritual welfare of Issa and Shadia Odeh and their children, offered by Issa and Shadia Odeh.
3. For the health and spiritual welfare of Suheila Nasser, her children and grandchildren, offered by Suheila Nasser.
4. For the health and spiritual welfare of Najah El-Abu, her children, and grandchildren , offered by Najah El-Abu.
English: Tarek Kishek
Rima & Abla Mousa
Mona Farhud & Samia Eadeh
Nicholas Joseph & Nick Bajalia
Sam Awwad, Khalil Farhat, Bader Bajalia, Timothy Conner, Jamil & Jean Fayad, Dominic & Nicholas Joseph, Jacob & Anthony Akel, Nicholas & Anthony Odeh, Michael Fakhouri &
Proper Church Behavior
Come to church promptly. Divine Liturgy begins at 10:00AM.
· Wear church-appropriate clothing (nothing revealing or tight-fitting).
· No use of cell-phones inside the church for talking, texting, or Internet.
· No eating, drinking or chewing-gum.
· No playing electronic devices (DVD players, video games, tablets), even for young children.
· Do not cross your legs in church.
·Stand at appropriate times (Gospel reading, Great Entrance, Communion).
· Do not talk during services.
· During Communion, be respectful, pious and quiet.
· Never walk directly in front of the clergy when they are speaking, reading or blessing the church.
· Proudly say the “Our Father,” “The Creed,” “Communion Hymn” together.
· Upon entering the church, make the sign of the cross.
· When entering, generously donate the cost of a candle, and light it in prayer.
· After entering, kiss both icons in the back of the church.
· Stop all movements upon reading of the Holy Gospel, wherever you are in
church. Patiently wait in the back of the church during readings. Stand
behind the ushers until they instruct you to go.
· Stay in church during memorial services out of respect.
· Stay in church after Communion, until Divine Liturgy and announcements end.
· Do not go to the church hall during services. Only Sunday School teachers & students may leave for classes.
· After announcements are over, stand in line to kiss the cross then proceed to coffee hour.
· Don’t leave your pew messy. Clean your pew and table in the church hall.
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he’s old, he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6 ).
Please Save The Date For
The Following Events:
Saturday September 15th @ 6:00PM
Reverend Khadar Al– Yateem
Dinner to follow
Hosted by Young Adult Ministry Topic & Theme TBA.
Sunday September 23rd
Friday—Sunday (October 5th– 7th)
3 Days Retreat and activities with Deacon Saad Rihani from Illinois for our Sunday School, Teen SOYO , Ladies Auxiliary,
Parish Council and Young Adult Ministry.
More Details to come. Stay Tuned!
Saturday October 20th @4:30p.m.
"Trunk or Treat"
Hosted by Young Adult Ministry for our Church Community .
More Details to come. Stay Tuned!
12th Sunday after Pentecost
Tone: 3 Eoth. 1
Epistle: I Cor. 15:1-11
كنيسةُ القِدِّيسِ جَاورجِيُوسَ الَأنطَاكِيَّة للرُّومِ الأُرْثُوذُكسِ في جَاكسِنْفل فلُوريدا